Selling a car might sound daunting, but at Triniautotrader.com we’re here to help ensure it’s as quick and easy as possible. We’re ranked top for customer satisfaction. We’ll make you a happy customer, too.
Pricing your car correctly can mean you get a quick sale, so it’s worth taking the time to think the price through.
• You can get an idea of what your car is worth instantly, based on our analysis of thousands of similar cars for sale
• Compare your car with similar models for sale privately on Trini Auto Trader
• Consider your car’s mileage, age, condition and features for a more accurate price
• Factor in room for the buyer to haggle
Trini Auto Trader does some of this work for you by automatically displaying your car’s basic details in the Ad. All you have to do is:
• Ensure your ad reads well and sells your car’s strong points, without exaggerating
• Write clearly, avoiding jargon or complicated terms e.g. ‘metallic red’ rather than ‘Fire Opal’
• Include key features and desirable equipment such as leather seats or air-conditioning
• Keep the advert as concise as possible
Good photos make it far more likely for you to have a successful sale quickly, and taking them needn’t take a long time.
• Clean your car inside and out
• Make sure your pictures are sharp and in focus
• Take pictures when the car is well-lit and dry
• Clear space around the car so you can get the whole car in
• Photograph important details such as alloy wheels and don’t forget the interior and engine shot
A clean car looks like a cared-for car, so spending a morning making it sparkle could add hundreds of pounds to its value.
• A good wash creates the best first impression
• Cleaning the interior is essential and an air-freshener might help
• Check – and top up – oil and water levels and make sure the tyres are correctly inflated
• Gather all the paperwork and arrange it so buyers can examine it easily
Buyers will almost always want a test drive and to inspect your car thoroughly before handing over any money.
• Always ensure any buyer test driving your car is suitably insured – if not fully covered by their normal insurer they should obtain temporary car insurance for the test drive. Ask to see proof first
• Never leave the buyer alone with the car keys and turn off the engine if you swap drivers
• Give the buyer time to view the car and let them arrange further inspections if they want to
Buyers will want to haggle your price down, and some will be eager to pay, but make sure you’re satisfied the payment is genuine before you take the car
• Expect a haggle – buyers expect to get some money off so have your lowest price in mind and stick to it
• Be sure you’re happy with the method of payment; pay cash into your bank or manager’s cheque before you let the buyer take the car